The Salvation Army
Salvation Army Trading Company Ltd is the trading arm of The Salvation Army in the UK and Republic of Ireland. We were established in 1991 to help fund The Salvation Army’s vital work with vulnerable people in the UK, and today we raise money and encourage reuse and recycling through a network of over 200 charity shops and a clothing collection division.
Salvation Army Trading Co Ltd have a strong covenant and an excellent reputation amongst their landlords. They currently trade for in excess of 230 units Nationwide. The key selection criteria for donation centres are:
- Any district/town/city with a population above 50,000 will be considered.
- Propereties should be located on or easily accessible from main arterial roads. Minimum traffic flow of 7,500 cars per day.
- On site or on road parking is essential to enable donations to be dropped off.
- Minimum size of 3500 sq ft on the ground floor of which at least 1000sq ft will need to be for retail use.
- Alternatively, properties such as garages, trade counter units, car showrooms and pubs will be considered subject to planning for change of use.
Barker Proudlove have been instructed by Salvation Army Trading Co to acquire new Donation Centres across Yorkshire.